2014-09-27

Anomaly

So I went ingressing again, more than just a detour or extra yard. Helios anomaly in Gothenburg. By now I'm back at "home" and indoors and relaxed with a glass of wine, not even frozen hands. Gothenburg was true to its reputation, not with rain but it was stormy enough to be pretty cold at the end as the sun stopped warming.

It's pretty nartural when you think about it but nevertheless annoying - the denser clusters of Ingress portals are always in the oldest part of town sp that's where most farming takes place and that's where the anomaly takes place. That means cobblestones and lots of slopes, so awful spots for me. Climbing around old fortifications isn't really my chosen passtime.

I did do it though, and it was fun and I felt great about it from the minute I arrived and heard the shouts and greetings from people I only met a few times before but who share this ... little interest. People who I know are on my side, in some sense. There's something pretty unique about that.

With the book fair taking place this weekend, Gothenburg is busy enough that us dorks with our phones didn't really stand out in the Saturday afternoon crowds. Outselves, we could easily spot the allies and enemies: stationary teams milling around the hot spots, bike runners and response teams on their way to a target.

Ingress is pretty darn cool and I feel great for having been part of today's event. Today ended up a very narrow defeat but I really don't give a damn about that.

I will sleep so well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment